Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need A Software That Will Block Cellular Phone #'s

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:02 PM

Hello all,

I'm trying to block a phone no# from calling my land line phone, but the problem is that the caller is using a cell phone, which can't be blocked, even using your phones' call block feature.

I had called my phone co a few months back and informed them of this,,,,, and I told the rep on the phone that cell phones can't be blocked calling into land lines...... and to my surprise, the rep told me that she never knew that. Actually I've known that for years now.

But anyway, I have various phone programs, which are great, but nothing I've tried will block cell phone no#'s.

I've tested the block on land line no#'s and they all get blocked, but not the cell no#'s.

If you have a land line and a cell phone, turn on your call block and block your cell phone (well, try to) and that no# will get through to you.

My phone line is connected to my computer, and I've tried many programs as of now, but nothing blocks cell no#'s.

Does anyone know of, or can recommend a program that will do such? I'm betting that no one will be able to find one that does, although I'm hoping that someone does find one that will work.

I'm also guessing that many of you never knew that your land line can't block cellular phone no#'s.

Is this the future of technology? We've gotten so smart and wise, yet we've gotten so dumb.

Chances are that if you can't seem to block a telephone no#, then it's most likely a cell phone no#.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 02:53 PM

It's not software nor is it free. But this piece of hardware will. At least in my home state. I have not used it but a coworker has. Take a look at Caller ID Manager

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Walkman

Walkman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:45 PM

Animal,

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it very much.

Let me ask you something if it's not too much of a bother. Can you ask your co-worker to block your cell phone no#?..... if you have a cell phone? Just to test it?

I've been reading last night/this morning, and they suppose to be coming out with a software for cell phone companies to block cell phone calls, but it doesn't mention blocking calls into land lines.

I'm also still downloading different softwares that pose to do such, and they all come up short. Soon, I'll have every phone software there is :thumbsup: just trying to block one single no#.......

That delirious woman keeps calling here for my soon to be wife, but she doesn't respect "I'll call you when I get out the tub" or "I'll call you when I wake up".... She keeps calling before and it's aggravating. So far this morning, she called approximately 9 times within a few hours time.

I already know the strong arm of the law can deal with it, and I'm to that point. I keep giving her the opportunity to stop calling, but nooooooo, she keeps calling, and then has the nerve to cuss me out because I keep telling her to not call here any more. Some people are down-right boldly disrespectful on purpose.

#4 igonuts2

igonuts2

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:21 PM

My neighbor has caller ID with Verizon. By default it blocks all calls that donít show their phone number when calling, including cell phones. It tells all callers that the subscriber doesnít accept calls that arenít presented with the origin number, kind of. Phone solicitors have a generic header, but it still ID's the parent company. What this can do is, block the caller if no phone number present and if they do call with their number you can turn them into the FCC and have proof. Just like if collection agency harasses you. Repeated unwanted or harassing phone calls are in violation of FCC regs. Response from phone companies to stop this kind of harassment is surprisingly quick do to public awareness and the increase of domestic violence.

Edited by igonuts2, 13 January 2007 - 04:33 PM.

Why work when you can play!

#5 Walkman

Walkman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:16 PM

The link that Animal posted seems to be the most promising piece I've seen so far on the Internet.

To igonuts2:
I know many cell phones and land lines are equipped to block those types of no#'s, but in my case, I have the annoying no# and my caller id shows it. So far since my last post, she's called here 5 more times. Right about now, until I get that device, I'm going to call the law on this one........ but with my luck, they'll probably tell me I have to make my report on the weekday.

[Update] I called them and they came by. The only thing I can do is record her conversation, then pursue the issue. They also recommend that I change my phone no#, which I really don't want to do. But if I can get the Caller ID Manager to work as needed, I'll be fine.

What a way to start the weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users