Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tsunami Disaster Relief

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:44 PM

Aid groups accepting donations for victims
Friday, December 31, 2004 Posted: 5:58 PM EST (2258 GMT)

CNN) -- International aid organizations are accepting donations to help victims of the powerful earthquake and resulting tsunamis that caused widespread destruction in parts of South Asia and East Africa. The groups include....

Tsunami Disaster Relief

:thumbsup: Haroldo
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:59 PM

Here is the real power of the Internet, and people who use it:
>the Net has provided immediate accounts of the tragedy and its disastrous effect on human lives.
>the Net, often through the effort of individuals, has coordinated relief and missing person searches in a spontaneous effort to help others,
>the Net has been a focal point for private contributions to help the hundreds of thousands of people in immediate need.

Response to this crisis surely indicates that there are many good people in the world.

Edited by jgweed, 31 December 2004 - 10:01 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:17 PM

Just too many deaths.......

#4 JackTheHaack

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:23 PM

I posted this in the "Happy N.Y." thread but I think it is much better suited here......

I know this is a "Happy N.Y. thread but this is still on topic to a certain extent because it WILL make some ppl (well a lot really) a little happier who have been hit by the devastation of the tsunami.

A young school girl (16yo) decided to go to all the local Chemists (drug stores) in the area where she lives in Sydney after seeing the devastation on her T.V. and ask them for donations to send some bandages and plasters to the countries who desperately need these kind of things the most.............this was on Tues morning.

This afternoon she has been granted the use of a C130 Hercules cargo plane, by the Australian government & armed forces, to transport her collections........

26 pallet loads of medical equipment and drugs (around 45,000kgs) was donated to her from 3 of the largest medical companies in Australia to send over there to meet up with the SS Conungra (Aussie Battle Ship) who is taking over a full field hospital to Ache. She just happened to go into a drug store owned by one of the brothers of a CEO in one of the large medical company's who thought it was a great idea and he contacted his brother........and one thing just led to another........bingo !!

She has now been entered in the Young Australian of the year competition by the Aussie government.

What a great effort
:flowers: :thumbsup: :trumpet:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users