Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Phpbb

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 quahappy

quahappy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:15 PM

Hi,

I have just updated my forum board from .20 to .22 as per phpBB userguide and everything appears to be running ok except....

I sent an email through Admin Panel to every single member of my board using Mass email to inform them that the board is back online. It appears that members who are Administrators (two - myself and another) and Moderators (three), did not receive the email, but non-staff did!

I'm using the standard ca_aphrodite template.
Extreme Mods is installed.

I upgraded the board using changed files. Is there anything else I should have done or should the above NOT be happening?

Would appreciate an urgent response to this problem!

btw, I even tried emailing them through the memberlist option and that didn't work either....

All the email addresses are the same as they were before the upgrade, and before the upgrade they all recieved the mass emails then.
Extreme mods is the only mod installed on the board

Have tried phpBB.com for assistance and have not got any information, except asking me things that were in my original post.

If you require further info on my board please do not hesitate to let me know.

Many thanks.

Edited by quahappy, 12 January 2007 - 06:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quahappy

quahappy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 20 January 2007 - 05:19 AM

OK, I've kind of sorted out the Admin email problem by editing Admin Profiles Email addresses and directing them to the root of my website. I've then set up Email Forwarders to redirect admin emails BACK to the addresses their Profile contained in the first place.... this worked for some strange reason!

Emailing non Admin from my board has not been affected.

Not an ideal set-up and I'm kinda frustrated that I've not even had a response from phpbb.com either about this problem!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users