Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

8800 Gts Evga Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DaChamp486

DaChamp486

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:25 PM

I have recently purchased a new video card, the NVIDIA 8800 GTS by EVGA, for my first computer build. Everything seems to be working perfectly except for one minor but also critical issue with the card. In any game, Hitman Blood Money or M&M Dark Messiah for example, the game will run for about 5 seconds upon loading a level then it will completely freeze and will eventually either restart my computer or give me the blue screen of death. I have updated the BIOS on my mobo and downloaded the INF file for it as well. I have also tried both the EVGA drivers and NVIDIA drivers on my card as well as reinstalling the latest Direct X. Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

This information may also be of use:

* Intel BOXD975XBX2KR LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard
* EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card
* KINGWIN ABT-600MA1W ATX 12V Ver.2.2 600W Power Supply
* Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6700
* CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400C4
* Western Digital Raptor X WD1500AHFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
* LITE-ON Black ATAPI/E-IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model SHD-16P1S
* LITE-ON 18X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write Black IDE Model LH-18A1P-186
* Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP2b
* ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:30 PM

What does the blue screen say? How to Find BSOD (Blue Screen) Error Messages
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 Detox

Detox

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:09 PM

Wow! I envy your beast of a machine. But to answer your question. Try reinstalling all your drivers and then reinstalling the latest one.

#4 DaChamp486

DaChamp486
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:13 PM

Thanks for the replies and this is an image of the message i received.

http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorlw8.jpg

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:38 AM

Could this be some kind of BSoD infinite loop? I see that nv4_disp.dll is referenced. I have heard of many problems being associated with that file. You could try checking nVidia's forums. I have a similar set up as you and the exact type of card, I've never seen this happen.

Edited by DJBPace07, 13 January 2007 - 01:38 AM.

3939.png

#6 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:24 AM

Do you have the latest ForceWare Version 97.92? nv4_disp.dll is the nVIDIA graphics driver, so it is there the problem lies.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:11 AM

Here's a link to info on the STOP 0x7e error: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x7e

There are many possible causes for the STOP 0x7e error - but the nVidia file referenced seems to restrict it to video functions (but not necessarily the vid card or it's drivers)

As others have stated, the most likely culprit is the video drivers - try another download of the latest nVidia drivers to be sure that it's not the problem. Be sure that you have the latest motherboard/chipset drivers from Intel also - this can affect the video card also.

If that doesn't fix it, then I'd suspect the vid card itself. Lesser probably causes are other hardware items - so you may want to strip as much hardware off of the system as you can (in order to reduce the possible conflicts.

Also, check out the links in the article I mentioned above - one of them may apply to your specific situation.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users