Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ipod 30gb Video Software Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Omega740

Omega740

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:59 AM

Hey guys,
I just got the black iPod for christmas and ran into a few problems. First iTunes did not work at all when I installed it, just clicked on it and nothing would happen, literlly nothing; I had to hold down the power button b/c the computer was not able to restart on its own. I tried for hours trying to fix it from reading from people who had the exact same problem as I did. Tried all the methods back and forth in different order; it was a no-go still. So I purchased a windows based iPod software called Anapod Explorer. I love its simplicity of use and its file managing skills. The only problem is, is that I later learned that the folks who made the Anapod software, Red Chair Software, has had some serious problems with user support: aka non. My problem with the iPod, or Anapod I guess, is that when I transfer Videos: .mp4's and .mov's : they show up as songs instead of movies on my iPod. I can't figure out how to get movies on my new iPod now. Has anyone used Anapod, or a similar windows based iPod prog that can shed some light on the subject?

Adding:
I noticed when I look at the hidden files in my iPod, a certain amount of songs are in a catagorized folders named "F1 through F#" (#=variable number).
Is there a manual way of added the videos to the iPod buy placeing the Video files in iPod regonizable folder such as F1 or somthing?

Edited by Omega740, 12 January 2007 - 01:03 AM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CTN

CTN

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:30 AM

I had this problem but it was using itunes. Select Videos > Video Settings > and TV Out setting should be set to Off. For some reason the factory setting for this was set to ON, so just check and see if this sorts your problem.

#3 Omega740

Omega740
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

I did that on my iPOD and no dice. I can't get into iTunes whatsoever. And when I look into the iPod as a HD there is a hidden music folder but not a video folder. Hence the videos I xfer on the iPod come out in the music/song sections.

Edited by Omega740, 31 January 2007 - 08:24 PM.

Posted Image

#4 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:55 PM

=/ not good if you can't get itunes and all installed, there are drivers that the iPod needs to function in that software package.

Posted Image

#5 purple frog

purple frog

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:43 AM

did u try to get the itunes from the website? or just off the disc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users