Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Horse virus won't go away

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sirfy

Sirfy

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 31 December 2004 - 05:46 PM

Alright...I have the virus: Trojan Horse Downloader.Small.16.X on my computer. I have used AVG to detect this problem, but it could not get rid of the file it infected, which is 4RG4R.DLL

I am not sure if that file is important, but I could not manualy delete it either. I have used Spyware Doctor (which im guessing is hijackthis since when i clicked a link to hijackthis it sent me to Spyware Doctor) I also used Windows Washer, Spybot Search, and Ad-Aware SE...the virus still infects my computer.

I even followed 2 things I found (from google) from this forum that people hvae suggested to do, but it also didn't work. Unless I did something wrong. And if someone is going to tell me to post a log like the others have been doing...kindly tell me where to locate that log. (I have been a bit clueless on where that is)

Thank you for your time :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sirfy

Sirfy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:32 PM

I still cannot find a log that matches anything that everyone else puts (in content) so I am not sure how much help...if any...that I'm going to recieve. But I really need to rid of this virus :thumbsup:

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2005 - 12:00 AM

I am helping you here :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...wtopic=7818&hl=

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic