Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Supervisor Password For Content Advisor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jdukze

jdukze

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:42 PM

My friend can't log onto the internet, he was just connected recently, everytime he tries there's this message saying:

"Sorry the content advisor won't allow you to see this site, "

and it is also asking for a Supervisor Password so the site can be viewed.

We have tried all necessary passwords and tell you what, he had never set any passwords, I'm thinking of formating the Harddisk and reinstalling windows but I believe there should be other alternatives available.
all the connections and LAN settings whatever are just fine, its only the above that is a problem now.

is there any way to bypass or disable this password thing.I tried but its still insisting for the password thing.
maybe its a virus (I believe) that must have altered the registry.

Please help us get out of this mess......!!!!!!
:thumbsup: :flowers:
JDUKZE

The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does
anything.

Theodore Roosevelt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:29 AM

Shut down Internet Explorer. Search for a file called ratings.pol.
Rename it ratings.old.
You may need to reset your Content Advisor settings one more time,(Tools/Internet Options/Content tab).

Alternatively, see here:kellys-korner,Windows XP from A-Z. Under "C" scroll to Content Advisor for info on how to turn it on and off and to modify specific settings.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users