Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick Question!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 just Bob

just Bob

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:23 PM

Is it worth as much as he says? Could I get a better deal?

---
I have a Gamer PC loaded with 4 1 Gb Ram, 5 250 GB Hard Drive, 3 22" Monitor, Laser Keyboard, Small Laser mouse, Loaded with ASUS V8N Mother board AM2 Socket, AMD's Athlon 64 Running at 3.0GHz(over clocked, 7.1 Surround sound,
These can be sold sepreatly

Asking Price is 1,250$
I bought this for 5,250$
This is a Custom Built By Jacob D Kilgore,
Blue and purple Neon lights inside Tower
tower is made out of hard glass well, (Car Windshield really), Software Included

Software: Panda Internet Security 2007, Norton Internet Security 2007, Trend Micro Internet Security 2002, Custom Software named JayJay Scanner(IP and Easy Software Finding and cracking infrence), Microsoft Vista Ultimate, BIOS chip Made possible by BioHazard, BattleField 2, World of warcraft All Versions,
Alcohal 120FireFox, Itunes, QuickTime Pro, AOL 9.0 SE,
---

Edited by just Bob, 11 January 2007 - 08:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:25 AM

If this guy contacted you online and wants you to pay by paypal or something I would be weary. I tried this once and even though I got my money back by paypal the guy got away with the money too. It sounds like he is selling it a little cheap as a pc with that much even used would cost more than 1200 I would think but I could be wrong.

Just thinking of 5 250gb hard drives. ha ha

#3 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:38 AM

I agree with CGM....that's just way to much bang for the buck there....deal or not....5 (each) 250gb drives, 3 (each) 22" monitors, 4 sticks of 1gb ram????? Just that stuff is worth 2 grand or so. Sounds like a scam.....I'd find out why he's selling it so cheap, and ask to see the "goods" and reciepts or some sort of proof of ownership to make sure it's not stolen.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:11 AM

I would be wary also of any computer that had been overclocked.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:13 AM

Here is a good idea:

Look up a computer repair shop in this person's area, then inform him to take it there, so that way the computer repair guy can verify it for you. Contact the repair ahead of time. If it checks out ok, have him leave it with the repair guy, you pay for it, then have the repair guy send it to you.

The guy leaving it with the repair man shouldn't have any problems with doing it if you're going to instantly send him the money. Besides, he can easily give you untill the end of the day, before the repair shop closes to go and get his computer if you don't pay for it.

If he doesn't want to do it, then it's most likely a scam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users