Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Drive Locked While Using Firmware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mnd1982

mnd1982

• Deactivated
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:15 PM

please tell me how can I activate my dvd drive LG HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4522B (it is CD writer/reader and DVD reader it doesn't write DVD).It became dead (window can still detect it,drive is not ejecting, light is not blinking ,it is making sound) while I was upgrading it .I was upgradeing it with HLDS version 2.10.The name of the exe file was gcc4522b107.exe and source file was IDE.BIN.I ran the discinfo1.6.1 it showed the followinf information about the drive
DISCINFO VERSION : 1.6.1.6
VENDOR : HL-DT-ST
MODEL : RW/DVD GCC-4522B
REVISION : boot
INTERFACE : ATAPI

Edited by mnd1982, 11 January 2007 - 01:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:06 PM

1. If you can, go and exchange it for another one, then post back your results.
2. List all programs that you have used with your burner, if any.

#3 mnd1982

mnd1982
  • Topic Starter

• Deactivated
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:54 PM

I cann't afford to exchange it now I think there is a minor problem.I generally use nero express 6.0.0.9 but few days ago I had loaded alcohol 120 but after 2 days I uninstalled it I didn't burn any cd with it.

Edited by mnd1982, 11 January 2007 - 02:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users