Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MMdiag.exe

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TofubeasT800

TofubeasT800

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 31 December 2004 - 02:40 PM

Whenever I turn off Windows XP a window appears telling me that something called MMdiag.exe failed to iniatilize. I think it might have something to do with Musicmatch. How do I get rid of it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 31 December 2004 - 03:04 PM

Did you delete your MusicMatch jukebox?? If you just deleted the application without using the uninstall feature, then the registry entry will still be there.

#3 TofubeasT800

TofubeasT800
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2004 - 03:07 PM

No. I still use Musicmatch Jukebox 10. I did not delete it's program file. But I did remove a file with the word musicmatch in its name while using HijackThis.

#4 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2005 - 11:18 AM

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the program.
There is no justice, there is just us.

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 01 January 2005 - 11:45 AM

That's why you don't remove anything with HJT without guidance. :flowers: If you used it properly, HJT will have made a backup that can be restored. If you didn't, you wil have to reinstall. Uninstall probably won't work since part of the program is missing.

IF all else fails, post up your HJT log (in the HJT logs forum) so one of the team members can try to figure out how to fix it. :thumbsup:

#6 TofubeasT800

TofubeasT800
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2005 - 11:48 AM

It's fixed. Thanks peoples.

#7 kfscoll

kfscoll

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:49 PM

Tofubeas, how did you fix the problem you described? I have the exact same problem and tried uninstalling and reinstalling MusicMatch with no luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users