Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Av And As

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mocho

mocho

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:29 PM

what is a good antispyware program with realtime monitoring perhaps free i use adaware and spybot but they dont have realtime monitoring. i have heard of spyware terminator and spycatcher express. give me ure opinions please.

also the cyberdefender free has anyone used it or heard of it? it has antivirus and antispyware i believe.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 westsideg

westsideg

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:38 AM

Have a look at this topic here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76681/switching-from-spyware-doctor-sbybot/

Id go for Spyware Blaster which adds registry entries for dodgy sites which are then blocked by your browser

and Spyware Guard, which provides real time protection while taking up very minimal resources.

also carry on using AdAware to do a full system scan every now and then.

all these are free and wot ive found to be the best solution :thumbsup:

Edited by westsideg, 12 January 2007 - 02:39 AM.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:44 AM

Spybot does have some real-time monitoring. In Spybot select Mode, Advanced Mode and then Tools (bottom left). Then select Resident and you can turn on SDHelper and Tea Timer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:59 AM

Also, be sure to check anti-spyware products against this list:
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites

It's not just spyware & viruses you need to worry about, you also need to be sure that the application you have downloaded to help you get rid of them does not impose any spyware/viruses itself!

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#5 mocho

mocho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:27 AM

thanks for the help guys but as westsideg said use spyware gaurd, i tried it and it doesnt have virus definitons updated is something wrong?

#6 westsideg

westsideg

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:19 PM

Im assuming you've run live update and it says no updates available?

If thats the case then its fine, just check periodically (once a week), as it doesn't have auto update as far as I know :thumbsup:

Edited by westsideg, 12 January 2007 - 12:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users