Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pda-pc Sync Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 petocities

petocities

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:26 AM

Hello guys, i hope you had a merry christmas (for those who celebrate it) and a happy new year.
I got a new PDA (my first one! :thumbsup: ) and i'm still learning how to use it properly. But since a couple of days ago, the sync seems to get into a loop, and every time i try to update the calendar, contacts, etc. it gets stucked for ages when it starts doing the "safety copy of the palm database". I went through the troubleshooting, but everything that it said was that probably a program installation using addit was creating conflicts with the quick install thing, but i have no more programs in the installation queue (which is the solution provided by the troubleshooter).

Well, i'm using a notebook with winXP, office 2007 (outlook). The palm is a Palm Z22, and i have installed RepliGo and PocketMirror 4.2.2 trial standard edition. It gets in the loop either i try to sync it with office or palm desktop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :flowers:

thanks guys.

EDIT: i forgot to mention that even if i try cancelling the sync., it doesnt get cancelled. The problem might be the PocketMirror program i installed to be able to sync. outlook 2007, because when i check the task manager it appears to be working (twice) besides the hotsync. After that, i uninstalled all the programs and reinstalled them from sratch, but the problem is still there.

Edited by petocities, 12 January 2007 - 06:12 AM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petocities

petocities
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:52 PM

I'll post a possible solution i found to make the PDA sync. with office 2007 nicely, even though i couldn't find a proper solution to the problem i talked about.
Even uninstalling all the software of the PDA and making a factory reset to the last was not enough to fix the problem, because the user seemed to be the problem. It seems the user had some type of conflict between the hotsync and the PocktMirror, making it fall into an infinite loop. So, by creating a new user, after reinstalling cautiously all the software i wanted into my PDA, i reloaded all the info into it, making it work nicely and smooth, with no visible problems yet.

I hope this helps anybody out there, because it was quite a pain in the ass...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users