Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Enter A Site Forum

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 RapboY

RapboY

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:09 AM

i cant enter the forums of pokemoncrater.com (http://www.pokemoncrater.com/forums/)

it is an online pokemon game.. and i use the board there a lot, it is also powered by invision power board.. i use it almost everyday, but just 2 days ago i was in the middle of browsing through the forum when this appeared:

The menu has been disabled

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board

so yesterday, what i did was i tried to go to a public internet cafe and try to log-in.. and was successful at doing so..

when i got back home i reset my temporary internet files(cookies and history and cache).. and it worked fine again..

but then i tried checking it again today and it wont let me see the board again and returns the same message as i posted above..

why does this happen and how do i fix this permanently? this is the first time ive ever come across this kind of problem on forums.. thanks for any help anyone can provide.. :D

Edited by RapboY, 11 January 2007 - 02:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:31 AM

Right off the top of my head, these are the most likely causes I can think of.

1. You've been banned
2. Your isp/ip address has been banned
3. There is a problem with the forum.

Your best bet is to contact them at the forum and see if they can look into finding/fixing the problem.

#3 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:36 AM

Sounds like your account or ip/ip range was banned or something. Only thing I think you can do is message the admins. This is the only one I see with a visible email address. http://pokemoncrater.com/forums/index.php?showuser=9
Posted Image

#4 RapboY

RapboY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:47 AM

im not banned.. cuz i havent even logged in yet.. and like what i said, this happened already once, i asked the mods if im banned, they say no.. and i did some things and it became fine again.. and now i cant enter again.. its frustrating..

EDIT: and arcman, when i click the link u posted.. i still get the same msg.. i cant do anything, it just keeps reutrning me to that page wherever i click..

Edited by RapboY, 11 January 2007 - 02:48 AM.

#5 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:50 AM

You can test it with a different browser and see if the problem goes away, but really it sounds like the problem is on their end, not yours. There isn't any browser setting I can think of that will make a forum restrict your access.

edit: the admin Winds of Water's email is rai_carny@hotmail.com with a yahoo! account of forlynnmagi

Edited by arcman, 11 January 2007 - 02:53 AM.

Posted Image

#6 RapboY

RapboY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:54 AM

i see..

well, this is the page im saying:
Posted Image

ok i'll just try to find a way and contact them again.. thanks!and pls tell me if u find something else that can help me.. :D

EDIT: thanks for that edit.. :D

Edited by RapboY, 11 January 2007 - 02:56 AM.

#7 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:17 AM

good luck!
Posted Image

#8 RapboY

RapboY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:19 AM

i have a question though, is it possible that my firewall is doing this..? although i dont remember setting anything on the firewall recently..

#9 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:40 AM

i have a question though, is it possible that my firewall is doing this..? although i dont remember setting anything on the firewall recently..

Yes.. it's possible your firewall is doing this.

Also.. worse comes to worst..... create a new account at the forum (possibly a new email address too) and try to log in using that info. I've had this type of problem myself with new accounts on various forums.

a. Make sure your email address is allowing their emails.
b. Make sure you have already setup your email account, and tested it before signing up for anything.
c. check to make sure the type of email accounts they allow.. (ex.. FREE.... or NOT)

Edited by Walkman, 11 January 2007 - 04:41 AM.

#10 RapboY

RapboY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:12 AM

thanks for the reply..

and about the creating a new account.. i cant even create a new one.. i tried already.. i'll try to turn off my firewall for now.. i think its the one causing it.. but i wonder why if so..

#11 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:15 AM

In the image you posted I see flashcatcher??What does it do for you?

#12 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:39 AM

thanks for the reply..

and about the creating a new account.. i cant even create a new one.. i tried already.. i'll try to turn off my firewall for now.. i think its the one causing it.. but i wonder why if so..

Yes... turn it of and try it that way.

Firewalls are designed to protect your computer from malicious attacks and such, which means it may blocking ip addresses you are trying to connect to.

Post the program(s) you're using AND the version no# (if possible), so others that may be using it can help you further.

Edited by Walkman, 11 January 2007 - 05:42 AM.

#13 RapboY

RapboY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:48 AM

im using sygate personal firewall.. dont know the version but i downloaded it around november 06..

#14 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:07 AM

In the image you posted I see flashcatcher??What does it do for you?

??

#15 RapboY

RapboY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:13 AM

it lets u save swf files to ur computer..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users