Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Ipod!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dirkthejerk

dirkthejerk

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:45 PM

OK, I have no idea what is happening with my new iPod, but it wont work. I have downloaded iTunes and everything, but it just wont work. Even when I got to iTunes, it wont let me "Sync iPod". I get this really annoying message that is in the title of "Found New Hardware Wizard". It tells me to " Install the software automatically (recommended), or to "Install from a list or a specific location". I have tried both numerous times with no luck. I dont know if it's my fault or what, but I need help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:47 PM

This happened when i first got my iPod. I think it was caused by me connecting my ipod to my computer BEFORE installing itunes. You have to install your itunes fully before connecting the ipod in order for your computer to recognize it the way it should.

#3 dirkthejerk

dirkthejerk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:33 AM

Thanks, but that didn't help. I have tried that before. Would I need to get an iTunes account and tell them my credit card no. for it to work?

#4 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:26 PM

Nah, i didn't have to sign up for an account before my ipod worked. Have you tried plugging the ipod in to a different usb port? Also, make sure that your windows and itunes software is up to date. Other than those little suggestions, i'm not sure if i'll be abe to help much more. I had a problem w/ my ipod a while ago, and the only thing that fixed it was re-installing XP, but idk if that'd be the best/quickest solution for you.

#5 CTN

CTN

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:39 AM

You don't need to supply any card details to get it working. As Heretic Monkey says,make sure your windows updates are ok and that you have the latest version of iTunes 7.0.2.16.

Try a reset for your ipod

Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

After you've done this, connect to PC and iTunes7 will start and give you options to register your ipod ans also how to manage your synchronization.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users