Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java Script Not On?!? Help Plz

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Vargo

Vargo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:07 AM

Hi im new to the site because I thought someone could help me because I cant go on YouTube because It says either my Java script is off or I dont have the lates flash.

But the problem is is that both is working corectly and I have the latest flash, Please Help me im desperate.
This happened just yesterday ever since I downloaded and deleted Warrock. :thumbsup: If anyone can help me I would greatly apreiciate it...PLZ HELP ME

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:14 AM

The first thing I would try would be to uninstall Flash and Java and then re-install them.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Vargo

Vargo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:26 AM

Okay I try that brb

#4 Vargo

Vargo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:29 AM

Witch Java? cause I have Java 2 Runtime Enviornment SE v1.4.2_3 and J2SE Runtime enviornment Update 5.0 update 10

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:00 AM

The Version 5 Update 10 one. I believe that the other one is an old one that you won't need anymore but I'm not 100% sure on this point to leave it there for now. Download from here.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:10 AM

To reinstall Adobe Flash you must use the uninstaller described here:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase...cfm?id=tn_14157
The latest Java is 6.0 fourth download down on this page for end users:
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:14 AM

Thanks for the links buddy215. I find it strange that the www.java.com site is showing the Version 5.0 Update 10 download.

Edited by Budapest, 10 January 2007 - 09:14 AM.

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 Vargo

Vargo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:39 AM

Im not realy computer smart, and I made some bad decisions, so thanx guys for helping my out but ill call my internet technision to come down cause its hard to do yourself thanks though =)

#9 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:35 AM

Remove all previous versions of Java from Add/Remove Programs before installing the newest.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#10 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:23 AM

The Java website (like many others) is very complex - so the updates may not percolate to all the pages on the site. I downloaded the Update 10 version after version 6 was released.

The key here is that it works for you - if it doesn't, then try the link for v6.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users