Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing/upgrading Wireless Router

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tradesman

Tradesman

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:49 AM

im upgrading my router from a linksys to a netgear- it keeps dropping out and isnt as linux friendly as the netgear.

do i need a adsl frog beteen the broadband line in and the router when setting it up. i havent got one currently but when instsllin the new wirelss router I have to go online thru a traditional modem?? so i think i cant just cable from the wall to the modem??

any thoughts or working around it as ive dumped the frog after installing the linksys three years ago!

Edited by jgweed, 10 January 2007 - 10:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:29 AM

If the Netgear router is a ADSL router and not just a wireless access point then there should be no need for a frog.

All the setup of the ADSL should be able to be done on the Router.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users