Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Worse Than Bsod. Trojan Or Virus. Urgent Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 worried_alice

worried_alice

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:09 AM

Cause: Trojan or Virus. Unsure. Most likely contracted from an infected webpage/website.

I've never experienced anything like this before. There was no BSOD but this is so severe, I had to turn to the power off and am too scared to switch on computer.

Effect:
1. web browser (IE, version ?) couldn't function, except load homepage (which I have always set to Google). Error message:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime error
C:\program files\internet explorer\IEXPLORER.EXE
R6025
-pure virtual function call

2.I tried to open Ewido. Error message:
Not enough quota is available to process this command.

3.Tried to open HijackThis but could not access hard-drive.Error message:
Not enough quota is available to process this command.

4.Tried again to open Ewido via shortcut. Error message:
This no longer exists. It might have been renamed, moved or deleted. Would you like to remove from list? (I pressed No)

5.Tried again to open Ewido. Error message:
Application failed to initialize properly (0xc000012d). Click to terminate application.

6.Tried to open Ewido again. Error message:
SecuritySuite.exe -Bad Image
The application or DLL C:\windows\system32\PSAPI.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

7.Opened Spybot, forced to download updates before scanning. Then couldn't find anything after scanning for only few seconds (unusual- scans always take over 5mins). Error message:
C:\windows\system32\SHDOCVW.DLL is not a windows image. Check this against your diskette.

8.Pressed scan button in Spybot to scan again but no response. Then when I tried to close it, Spybot started scanning (delayed response?). I kept trying to close Spybot because I thought it wouldn't work anyway. Then I tried to shut down computer but no response so I turned the power off. Computer is still off.

Thank you very much for reading this post. I'm sorry it was long, but since I don't know alot I put all the information I had. Help would be deeply appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:22 AM

Some questions :

- Which operation system you have Windows?XP?2000?
- Is it upto date?
- Go to START RUN and type dxdiag please tell which version of Direct X you have
- Under Control Panel Software please tell us which version of Java you have
- Do you have a legimite windows?
- A work around to see what is causing the problem is to download Firefox here and install.

In normal mode, run an online antivirus check from at least two and preferably three of the following sites
BitDefender
Computer Associates Online Virus Scan
Panda's ActiveScan
Trend Micro Housecall
Windows Live Safety Center Free Online Scan
This scanner from Trend does not require an Active X to run.

1. Detects and removes malware ( viruses, worms, trojans, etc. )
2. Detects and removes grayware and spyware
3. Restores damage caused by malware to your system.
4. Notifies about vulnerabilities in installed programs and connected network services.
5. Multi-platform support for: Windows, Linux, Solaris.
6. Easy-to-use with the Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.

Please try to run test nr.6 in Firefox and post the results to rule out any virus

Edited by fozzie, 10 January 2007 - 09:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users