Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Event Viewer Log

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chuckeej

chuckeej

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:43 PM

Event Viewer shows the following warnings (yellow triangle!)
(A)
"Source: Userenv
Windows saved user YOUR----------(my computername)\Owner registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. This is often caused by services running as a user account. try configuring the services to run in either the Local Service or Network Service account".
(:thumbsup:
Source: WinMgmt
A provider, OffProv. has been registered in the WMI name space. Root\MSAPPS, but did not specify the HostingModel property. This provider will be run using the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. Ensure that the provider has been reviewed for security behavior and update the HostingModel property of the provider registration to an account with the least privileges possible for the required functionality".

I have no idea what those messages mean, and would appreciate any help and advice what if any significance they may have.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 _Peter_

_Peter_

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:20 AM

It's nothing. This event gets logged when a program is accessing the registry when you log off. There's nothing wrong with your computer or anything. Check out the article...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810616

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:06 AM

As _Peter_ says, it's not a problem as long as your system is running properly. Basically a "Warning" is Windows' way of saying "a problem was found, but Windows fixed it"

It appears (IMO) to be an issue with MS Office and it's WBEM component and it needs WMI in order to work.

If this is the case, a repair or uninstall/reinstall of MS Office (with all of it's updates) may make the problem go away.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message.

My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)
FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.

If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.
If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users