Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Green .wmv Videos

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kefflen

kefflen

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:18 PM

Hi guys,

First time posting here. I have the following problem: everytime I try to install nvidia's videocard driver all my .wmv videos look green. How can I solve this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:40 PM

What card is it and what drivers are you trying to install (version)? Also, are you running directX 9.0c?

This might very well be a codec issue though, however, I think we need a tiny bit more info before we can really help you! Post back and let us know!

Edited by stevealmighty, 10 January 2007 - 08:40 PM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 kefflen

kefflen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:24 AM

Thanks for the reply. Here's the information you've asked for:

My video card is a nVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400

The driver version is 93.71 (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.html)

Yes, I'm running directx 9.0

I've installed the K-lite Codec Pack 1.03

With the driver installed all my .wmv videos look green. Without it they look normal but I need the driver to "watch" the computer on the tv.

#4 kefflen

kefflen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:14 AM

up

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:37 PM

Sorry for the delay in replying to you...I've been conversing with others on the forums about this issue, and I've also done some researching too (all takes time!). :flowers:

Try updating the K-lite codec pack HERE. There's an update as as January 1st. Install it, restart and give it a whirl.

Does this happen when you're watching streaming videos in windows media player 10?

I've found this HERE from Microsoft. It's a fix for green videos when watching streaming media with windows media player 10. Read it carefully! It says that if the problem isn't that bad, then don't use the fix they've provided. Of course, this is download and install at your own risk.

Alternately, you could try downloading the omega drivers for Nvidia HERE. This may or may not fix this problem, although I feel it's worth a try (meaning that if it were me, I'd try it!)

Be sure to restart after trying each suggestion.

Let us know how you make out! :thumbsup:

Edited by stevealmighty, 13 January 2007 - 03:42 PM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 kefflen

kefflen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2007 - 07:30 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried updating the k-lite codec pack e I've also tried installing the nvidia driver. Restarting the computer after each install. But the problem persists. I've tried playing some other .wmv videos just to find out that some of them actually work ok. I also tried a streamming .wmv and it worked fine. But I've a few videos that still look all green. Any idea what could be causing it?

Thanks in advance.

#7 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2007 - 07:51 PM

What video player are you using to watch the videos (including version, like WMP v10)? Have you tried a different player?

What browser are you viewing the videos in that are green? Have you tried a different browser?

The link that I provided for the drivers are for Omega drivers, which vary from the original Nvidia drivers...I was hoping that you'd get better results with them.

You said that some of the videos are green? Are there only a few videos that are like that? Are their only a select few that appear green? If this is the case, then I might consider the source to be the problem, and not the player or hardware... :thumbsup:

Edited by stevealmighty, 13 January 2007 - 08:01 PM.

Posted Image

#8 kefflen

kefflen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:17 PM

Hi guys,

Since it was just a few videos that looked all green I converted them to .avi and it worked fine. Thanks for all the support.

#9 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:50 PM

Glad to hear that you've found a way around it. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users