Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Invalid Registry Path 2 Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bitter_Harvest

Bitter_Harvest

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

Plz can you help me?

I have had a report about a problem with my comp from PC MightyMax - they say they cannot replace missing files only mend items :

1.C:\Program Files\Messenger\Msgslang.dll (Invalid Registry path)

2.C:\Program Files\Messenger\Msglang.dll (Invalid Registry path)

I have had problems for a while now & have lately been unable to get on/play AOE3/TWC a pc game which is windows / microsoft based-

Can you advise me what to do plz? can I replace the missing files? if so where from plz?

I'm very nooby with comps -I would appreciate any help you can give-

Thnxu

Edited by Bitter_Harvest, 09 January 2007 - 06:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:24 PM

PCMightyMax is a scumware program. It'll trash your computer. Removing it is a pain the the butt because it doesn't use a standard uninstall feature. Get rid of it.

Remove PC Mighty Max

Once it is gone run System File Checker. Go to Start > Run and type sfc /scannow into the box and press the <Enter> key. You may need to have your WinXP CD ready if it asks for it. If you do not have a WinXP CD reply back.

Edited by TheTerrorist_75, 09 January 2007 - 07:24 PM.

I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 Bitter_Harvest

Bitter_Harvest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:24 PM

PCMightyMax is a scumware program. It'll trash your computer. Removing it is a pain the the butt because it doesn't use a standard uninstall feature. Get rid of it.

Remove PC Mighty Max

Once it is gone run System File Checker. Go to Start > Run and type sfc /scannow into the box and press the <Enter> key. You may need to have your WinXP CD ready if it asks for it. If you do not have a WinXP CD reply back.

thnxu for getting back to me so quickly- I got rid of PC Mightymax np - I ran the System File Checker but am unsure what for - It kept showing error retry & put cd in -but it was in - when I asked for details it said my Windows was pre-installed- When it finsihed..after taking about 40mins to verify my Windows was genuine it just went-

I looked in compatibilty & that said file E:\i386\WINNTUPg\NETUPGRD>Dtt was missing-

I'm sorry to be so thick but I have to ask what else I need to do -
ty again Terrorist - :thumbsup:

Edited by Bitter_Harvest, 09 January 2007 - 09:53 PM.

#4 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

First we'll take care of E:\i386\WINNTUPg\NETUPGRD.DLL missing.

As to NETUPGRD.DLL go to Start > Run and type services.msc and press the <Enter> key. In Services scroll down to the Cryptographic Service and double click it. In the Startup type box click the dropdown arrow at the right so Automatic appears in the box. Click the Start button then Apply > OK.

When you get the retry prompt just leave the disk in and keep clicking the Retry button. This may occur several times as SFC keeps fixing or replacing files.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users