Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Stalkers To Get Face Search Plug In.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:00 AM

Using a system developed by Polar Rose,you might also discover who a person is,where they live,and what other people are saying about them.Up coming Plug-In will allow you to do this with any image on the Web.

Personally,I think the web is getting a very scary place.
You may have to unblock pop-ups to access.

http://www.theregister.com/2007/01/07/stalkers_web_tool/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:51 AM

The idea is that you can snap a picture of someone with, say, your mobile phone, stick it on your computer and use it to search the web for other pictures of the same person.

Creepy! :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#3 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:26 PM

Yes, very unsettling, especially with even knowing that the majority of people using the magic of the internet and computers are nice, normal and sane. It's the other ones that can make the future a scary place indeed.

On a personal note, I love to read the 'blurbs' below people's postings and yours DSTM - "Never confide in a friend- That friend may one day be your enemy. Unknown" is so true. Sad but true. Grin!

And yours tink - "Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect it back." - well, it made me laugh out loud. Although not a pessimist, I learned long ago that when 'lending money' just mentally think of it as a gift and you'll never be disappointed nor loose a friend over money.

Edited by MaraM, 09 January 2007 - 04:35 PM.

Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#4 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:09 PM

And yours tink - "Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect it back." - well, it made me laugh out loud. Although not a pessimist, I learned long ago that when 'lending money' just mentally think of it as a gift and you'll never be disappointed nor loose a friend over money.

Basically I just remember 'never to lend what you can't afford to lose' that way if you don't get it back, it's not that big of a deal. :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#5 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:21 AM

Yes, very unsettling, especially with even knowing that the majority of people using the magic of the internet and computers are nice, normal and sane. It's the other ones that can make the future a scary place indeed.

On a personal note, I love to read the 'blurbs' below people's postings and yours DSTM - "Never confide in a friend- That friend may one day be your enemy. Unknown" is so true. Sad but true. Grin!

Talking about sigs Maram, I also think my other one has merit also.How many times have we seen a poster say what they really think,only to immediately soften their opinion, once the heat starts.I personally think to post an opinion merely as to not make waves,and be more worried about their popularity on this forum is a waste of the posters time and our time reading it.Get your opinion across,but word it as to not flame or attack a fellow poster. :thumbsup:
As for lending money,from my experience, that's the quickest way to lose close friends.
I realise this is off topic,but worth mentioning.

#6 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:20 AM

You're right about your second sics too and hopefully we'll be forgiven for wandering 'off-topic' for a moment - gentle smile.

My father taught me that one oh so long ago and it's proved apt through the years. :thumbsup:
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users