Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Connect To Some Sites And Games

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kupuham

Kupuham

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:34 PM

Hi there.
As the topic says, some sites and games cant connect here. I have AVG free, zone alarm pro, Spybot and Adwere-SE Personal. Have run checks with all of them, they found some small cookies and etc, removed them but still cannot connect.

On one game I seem to be able to only login, I will see stuff normaly, but cannot interact with it, nothing works. The other one will get me waiting for a while then will say "Connection finished". I fear that there might be something blocking my connection partialy.

I have tried it with ZAP turned off, and it isnt any sort of connection firewall, because I can use another computer to access those things normaly(please dont come with weasel answers like "So use the other one!", because if I could, I wouldnt be asking).

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum, and to minimize possible "weasel" answers. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 09 January 2007 - 03:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:25 PM

What version of Java are you using?

The most current is JRE6.0
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 Kupuham

Kupuham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:42 PM

I am using 5 right now, but I seem to recall that I had problems with updating it. As far as I could check around, problems might be with JavaScript, which I think doesnt have any kind of enduser "standalone" platform.
Anyways I will try and update Java.

#4 Kupuham

Kupuham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:28 PM

Anyone else please?

#5 nemslistings

nemslistings

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:27 PM

Did you just turn off ZAP beside the clock or did you go into the task manager and wipe it out too? One time I had a similar problem and found out that a part of ZAP does not shut down if you right click it by the clock and tell it to shut down. I'm not sure what the name of that file is since I'm not on my laptop but I'm sure someone else here is familiar with the file. Once that file was turned off on my machine everything worked correctly. Goodluck!

#6 Kupuham

Kupuham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:28 PM

I turned if off by selecting shutdown ZAP, at the time I didnt check if it left anything "behind", but i shutted it down now and it had nothing after.

Today I booted up the Pc with everything off, but Microsoft stuff, and still couldnt (did it with msconfig btw). Foolish as I was, tried to get into touch with the microsoft help, but practiacaly had a fight with the guy on support, who would barely let me talk, and bashed me with "Its third party problem go solve it elsewhere".

Entered in contact with support for one game, asked me to do a DNS flush, did it, worked for one game( which wasnt theirs, strangely)

Edited by Kupuham, 09 January 2007 - 04:19 PM.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:31 PM

Uninstall old javas from Control Panel before installing latest
Java Runtime Environment Version 5.0 Update 10
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 Kupuham

Kupuham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:06 PM

AFAIK, java is not used on the program, and for sure not site I am trying to use. 2\3 games are working now, the failing one still displays the same error. One of the games that wherent working is entirely java based, and worked fine, except for the connection part, before and after I updated Java. Can programmers make only part of the program java based? If not, then I wont bother with reinstalling again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users