Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Omg..i Killed My Computer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 razorwolf

razorwolf

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:01 PM

I need serioius help!! i have no idea what happened to my computer..i have tried about everything.. i tried to use smit fraud and such..

Anyway the problem is..one of my hard drives i complelty wiped out and i need that drive back but everytime i put in in the computer it doesnt show up in the my computer and all the properties are "unkown"

The 2nd problem is, as soon as i turn on my computer it says NTLDR is missing press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart...and on top of all that the computer just suffered from a virus attack that took about 2 weeks to recover from..i have got little money so i need to find the cheepest way to do this....

i have a windows xp SP2..the hard drive that is screwed up is a 20 G.B...all i have on my computer atm is a 7 G.B...but i think its messed up because i deleted the partion and the windows off of it so plz i need lots of help, and i would really be greatfull 8)....

P.S i am on several different computers so i will be on this till my problem gets solved..
and i am pretty good with computers just i dont wanna do anything so wrong that i have to get a totaly new one, thats about the last thing i wanna do <<

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:31 AM

i tried to use smit fraud and such..

What other fix tools were you using and why were you using them? Were you following any of the self-help guides or just running various tools because you had a virus?

If you get the "NTLDR is missing, press any key to restart" what's most likely going on is the BIOS either didn't look for the right drive, didn't find the right partition, it wasn't active, didn't find the MBR, or the MBR didn't list NTLDR in the right place, or the location of NTLDR changed. NTLDR should be in the root of C: (Boot) drive.

Access/Enter Motherboard BIOS
How to enter the BIOS
How to fix: NTLDR is missing..., NTLDR is Missing: Fix Solutions
Using Recovery Console to fix NTLDR
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 razorwolf

razorwolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:30 PM

Well, after doing some research throughout the forms and such..i fixed my problem with the missing NTLDR..all i had to do was just reinstall xp pro and it worked..but << i still have a problem with my 20 gig hard disk/drive, it will not show up on my computer and i really need it it has the space i need..is there anyway i can get that back ??

P.S ty for replying.. and ty for the help :thumbsup:

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:41 PM

Your welcome. I'm glad to hear your up and running again.

As for your hard drive. I'm not a hardware expert so I will move this topic to the Hardware forum where someone with more savy in that area can assist you.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:00 PM

First and foremost, make sure that all cables are securely seated in the socket. Double check the jumper settings making sure you don't have 2 masters or 2 slaves on the same channel and that the master drive is at the end of the cable and the slave drive is in the middle (ignore all of this if you have not opened your computer's case).

Now that the obvious stuff is out of the way, start the computer. At the appropriate time, press the indicated button (or combination of buttons, as the case may be) to access your BIOS setup utility (usually F2 or Delete,). Now in the BIOS setup utility, search for the section regarding the hard drive setup, check the manufacturer's website and the manual for your motherboard to find the appropriate screen.

Once there, ensure that both physical hard drives are being recognized properly, usually you can tell if it's not bacause the drive will not appear on the setup screen or it will appear but the label will be gobbldeygook.

Reply back with the results and we can go on to the next step.

#6 razorwolf

razorwolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:34 PM

Ok, i have no idea off the site to go to besides western< but anyway it worked fine untill i wiped it i just need to know how to "unwipe" it lol.. or get it up and running again..although i am doing alot better with keeping my computer running nd virus free. i am sad to say its not worth the trouble if i do not have enough space to do the things i like to do..like install WOW and EQ but anyway i am not trying to be a bother so if you can help in anyway i would be very greatfull..and thank you for helping me!!! :thumbsup:

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 16 January 2007 - 02:58 AM

Sounds like you need to format the drive. Go to My Computer and right-click on the drive. Click "Format" and click "ok" (makes sure the format is set to NTFS.)

#8 razorwolf

razorwolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:50 PM

Well i have tried formatting the har drive and all it says is that it cant locate it.. er somthing like that..any reason why its doing that ?

#9 razorwolf

razorwolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:53 PM

O yea and one more thing..just to add to all the frustration..after i got rid of one problem..now i cant get my sound to work.

yes i have it hooked up right..and i have tried 2 different types of speakers..all i know is that when i click on the sound it doesnt show anything..my stupid computer sux..right about now i think just gettting a new one would be best except i don't have the money, at this moment!!!

Any suggestions ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users