Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth Doesn't Exists!?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rob the Newbie

Rob the Newbie

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:32 AM

So I got this cell phone that I want to try to connect with my supposedly Bluetooh-enabled laptop. Originally I attempted this after I had upgraded to Internet Explorer 7.0, but that was rife with problems, so I downgraded back to 6. Now if I open up My Computer and double-click on My Bluetooth Places, the "hour glass" sits there for a bit as if it is actually doing something; then, it reverts back to the arrow cursor and the laptop acts as if I never asked it to do something.

I am wondering if the Bluetooth capability of my laptop is gone; I think it must be software/driver related.

Ideas? Is there a way to reinstall the drivers that were there with XP (home)?

Rob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:09 PM

There are some issues on BT with IE7 which will be fixed shortly. Did you turn of your firewall??

#3 Rob the Newbie

Rob the Newbie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:58 AM

No I didn't, but what I did do was backtrack to IE6.

Rob

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:05 PM

Do you have a BT dongle ? What brand of laptop you have?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users