Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restore Unsuccesful

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 leebird_tx

leebird_tx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 31 December 2004 - 03:23 AM

In updating my Windows XP with Service Pack 2, the new version stopped my Yamaha sound driver from working. The Microsoft Website instructed me to restore my computer to a working version -- upon completing the restore, the computer now no longer functions. I tried contacting Sony (the PC maker), but they were clueless. I tried to start my computer to the safe version -- but nothing comes up. Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 31 December 2004 - 12:18 PM

Just like sp2 to do this....Some people dont agree with me but it does conflict big time with some stuff even its own the internet explorer!

Anyways what happenes it just freezes or dont start up?

You cant hit f8 during boot up and go into safe mode?

You said you did a restore but are you talking about to a earlier time or using the disks?

The disks would set your pc back to factory settings and take off everything you had on your pc but the original stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users