Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scanners

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 davrad

davrad

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:35 PM

Hey all,
Just have a question on scanners, I have purchased 2 different HP scanners and with little use they have both gone TU in a couple of years. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on scanners.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:13 AM

Personally I tend to stick to companies that are senominous with various products e.g TV & DVD goods I buy Panasonic, cameras, Canon, Fuji, or Nikon, with scanners its a little harder. I have a Canon scanner tha i've had for more than 5years now, altough not used oftern it has been a good piece of kit. I've probably shot myself in my foot by saing that!!

If possible avoid "all in one soloutions" as if one feature breaks then its harder to replace and can make the hardware unuseable.

Hope that helps!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:39 AM

I was tired of the same thing. After a couple of years the light or motor burns out. I got on eBay and picked up a used HP ScanJet commerical scanner. It is great much faster and the one I havenow is almost 10 years old. A HP ScanJet 4p, and I only paid $20. BTW this one is a SCSI. I built a W2k computer and use it as a NAS\print server\network scanner\CDrom array (2-6 bay towers). That is all it does. I mapped the drives of the computers on the LAN and when we scan we just scan to the computer on the LAN.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users