Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry File Failure

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pynkmob

pynkmob

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:30 PM

my computer was workin fine and every once in a while it would pop up with a blue screen saying registry file failure, the hive could load the file it is corrupt absent or missing. i tryed everthing to return to the normal screen by pressing escape, con+alt+del to no avail. i just decided to hold the power button to turn it off. it started up normally and i forgot about the problem. the screen would pop up again every once in a while and i would just turn the computer off. at one point the computer would not start up and went directly to the blue screen during start up. i turned it off immediately and restarted it. it did the same thing and i became instantly worried. i messed around with everything i could but it didnt work. i have spent hours on the internet searching through posts like these on how to fix it but most of them center around windows xp or backing up the files which is at a point that my computer never allows me to get to. i have the installation cd but everytime i put it in, it does nothing. somebody please help me because this is very irritating.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:48 PM

Although you did not state you are using Windows 2000 Pro I will assume that, since you are in that forum.
Microsoft has a utility to help repair the registry in Windows 2000.

Windows 2000 Registry Repair Utility

Edited by acklan, 07 January 2007 - 06:51 PM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 pynkmob

pynkmob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:46 PM

thanx man that worked. u r a god

#4 acklan

acklan