Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube And Adaware (2) Different

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Paul-uk

Paul-uk

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:55 PM

Hello everyone, I have been watching with great interest for a while.
I have two situations now.
I am told by youtube to install the latest flash player which I do, when I have carried out a clean using adaware/regcure/regscrub and registry mechanic (all of which seem to find different things), the next time I go into youtube, I have to reinstall the latest flash player again. Is there any way of preventing this?

When my system is running slower, I use adaware and it finds several items, is there a way of preventing these getting onto my system in the first place ?

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 07 January 2007 - 01:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:44 PM

It would seem that one of the applications you are using is doing something to flashplayer, or at least with your registry entries for it. I personally avoid using registry cleaners since they do not really help my computer's functionality, and often recommend the deletion of files that seem to be needed by many of the applications I run.

If you use Ad-aware SE, it would be useful to know what items it finds; whether, for example, these are merely tracking cookies, or something more serious. Knowing this, it would be somewhat easier to advise you on preventing them.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users