Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Major problem with Office XP Pro: Need help fast!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MustGoFastR

MustGoFastR

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 20 June 2004 - 02:35 PM

My Office XP Pro has become corrupt, unstable and non-functional for all intents and purposes. I seemingly cannot repair, re-install or uninstall Office XP Pro from my system; nothing I try works. Each time I attempt to do one of these procedures, the same thing happens: A window pops up saying it is gathering information, the status bar gets about a third of the way and the procudure halts, giving the following message: "The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or application request".

Please help if you can. I have 36 hours (from 2:30 CST, 6/20/04) to get this problem fixed before I leave the state for three weeks. The computer is critical to my wife's school work. I will monitor this thread as much as I can within that time to provide any other information needed to anyone who may be able to help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:28 PM

Do you have the office 2000 cd available in case we need to reinstall?

Also have you read this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p?showtopic=196

#3 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:33 AM

MustGoFastR

Have you tried installing another office suite say 2000 1997 1995 or 2003?
it might be able to repair it all then you could uninstall it and then install your office XP Pro.

just a suggestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users