Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton / Windows Security Centre

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brightonbanker

brightonbanker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:09 PM

HI can someone point me in the right direction - I've just uninstalled Norton 2006 - no problems except the Windows security centre tells me Norton 2006 firewall is still running - I cant find it anywhere though - any ideas ????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:24 PM

You have to download the removal tool
For NSW 2006 here
here is another one. Please check which one you have

#3 brightonbanker

brightonbanker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:20 PM

Thanks for this - I had already run the uninstall programme direct from the symantec site - all runs fine and I've got the 'CA' anti virus programme working OK in its place, just the security centre says 'one or more' firewalls are on - turning off the windows one its says Norton 2006 is running - but I've just uninstalled that ! - weird

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users