Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Professional Reboot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nat

nat

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:31 AM

:thumbsup:
After multiple attempts to re-boot using thr F8 key, I learnt that for XP Professional, it's actually the F5 key that you have to tap repeatedly.

XP Professional FIrefox 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:10 PM

Depends on the make of your system - several manufacturer's have changed this since the boot menu key is also using F8. It's still not universal tho'.

What is the make of your computer? This will help others with the same problem. Thanks!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 nat

nat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:52 PM

My computer is an Intel Celeron.

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:46 PM

I believe he meant the brand of the whole computer (ie Dell, HP, Gateway) and the model number (ie Dimenension 3200).

#5 nat

nat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:45 PM

Ok, well thanks Amazing Andrew. Details as follows: (Hope i got it right this time!?)

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Celeron D 326, 2533 MHz (19 x 133)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users