Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Scripts Problem On Firefox.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:06 AM

I have recently re-installed the latest Firefox and have AdBlock plus as an add on. Yesterday while browsing Firefox I installed the no-scripts add on and it worked fine. When I signed in again this morning I couldn't open Firefox from the shortcut on my desktop. I could left click and open all my other shortcuts including IE7 first time but not Firefox. I tried to right click and open it that way and it worked but it was slow.

I then uninstalled no-script, exited Firefox and restarted it from my desktop with a left click no problem. It started first time as it normally does.

Has anyone else had this problem with no-scripts?, and is there away round it.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:07 AM

Those are the only add-ons you have?

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:37 AM

Only other things are the Google toolbar and something called talkback.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:48 AM

Make sure you have the latest version of Ff, then try re-installing NoScript. I am not aware of any problem with that add-on, or with talkback; there may be, however, a problem with a conflict between NoScript and Adblock.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:21 PM

Have a look at Problematic Extensions.

Check out the references on the right side of Adblock and NoScript.
May give you some clue about what is going on.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#6 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:24 PM

Thanks TMacK, I will try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users