Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plastic Surgery

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#91 joygreen

joygreen

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:49 AM

Welcome to you, Reviewed Comic. It's always good to see what young people are thinking. I know a guy who has tattooed his face to look like a lion. He's a really nice guy, but I think he's limited his future. When my daughter went through your stage, she liked dressing differently from other people, and got mad when they copied her. She came home from Hawaii with sky-blue hair: it was gorgeous. It matched her eyes. But it hurt her feelings when people gave her "dirty looks" because she looked different. She wanted them to get to know her for who she is. As the years went by, she realized that first impressions are what people use to decide if they want to get to know you better.

Your stage of development is hard, and I don't think any of us would like to do it again. You want to figure out who you are, right? That's cool... we all went through it. Some of us are probably still going through it. You might want to read the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" In there, you will see that when women give each other advice, it is because they are trying to be friendly. Men like to solve your problems for you, so we often accuse them of not listening to us. You will also get to see words spelled correctly. (No offense to you, dear, I'm just wondering what your teachers are doing... blast that "no child left behind" IMO, it has hurt the kids and the teachers.

I don't know if you've realized, but people who are more "attractive" have a somewhat easier time in life. But a person's attitude and intelligence and hygiene and respect for others can make them more attractive. I am guessing you are a pretty good looking and intelligent kid. I do agree with you that plastic surgery is good to make yourself happier with your own looks. I hope you stick with the wild hair colors, and things that can be undone, so you can explore what you like and what you don't. At fifteen, you have a long way to go, so please try to wait until you are older to make any permanent decisions. (sorry, that's the "mom" in me).

Now, if people want to do liposuction because they are just plain fat and too lazy to go on a diet, well, IMO they're going to be sorry, because if they keep eating bad/fattening foods, the fat will just find somewhere else to go. But I do not agree that I would make a non-reversable change to my face to try to make someone more attracted to me. There's more than just looks to make a good relationship. And if people are telling you they like your nose, then maybe its a nice nose, and you can do your rebellious stuff on something that can be changed later. Besides: look at Paris Hilton (if you have to). Her nose is so small I'm surprised she has room to breathe through it! :thumbsup:

Please know I have intended no disrespect. I am glad you joined the discussion.
"Restore an environmentally sustainable and economically just America"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#92 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:52 AM

It's not a problem with the person that needs to be fixed by plastic surgery or even outward changes, but its the society that needs to change its thinking.
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

#93 NinaGood

NinaGood

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:46 AM

I am rather neutral when it comes to plastic surgery, but result is great sometimes ( something like http://celebritysurgeryrumor.com/yoo-in-na-plastic-surgery/  and Korean plastic industry in general) . My sister corrected her ears, my cousin made breast and lips augmentation, both look amazing. I also understand that almost all the celebs went through surgery, there are no natural perfect beauty at all. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users