Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Images Do Not Load In Firefox2 Or Ie7 On Netflix Or Myspace

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Maud Media

Maud Media

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:39 PM

I have Win XP Pro and I use both Internet Explorer 7 and Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1. When using either of the these browsers to try to view netflix.com or myspace.com, I cannot see any image files. There are only small boxes with little icons in the top left corner where the image files are "supposed" to load, and maybe some Alt Text that describes what the picture is. It is ONLY these two sites, and it is driving me crazy!

I use Firefox the most, and I have gone to TOOS > OPTIONS > CONTENT (tab) and beside "LOAD IMAGES AUTOMATICALLY" I clicked on "EXCEPTIONS" and I then typed in both netflix.com and myspace.com and clicked "ALLOW". That did nothing

I went to java.com/getjava and downloaded the newest update 10, so I am running the latest version.

I have the lastes version of everything.

I have disabled my McAfee Anti-Virus, and nothing works. Anyone have any clues?

Thanks guys!
Michael

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:59 PM

Which firewall do you use?

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:55 AM

Hi Maud Media,
Have a look at This thread in the Firefox Forum. It is titled "MySpace Crash with FF2.0".

There are a few items in there that could be fixes.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 Maud Media

Maud Media
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:21 PM

Which firewall do you use?

I have the Windows Firewall that came with Service Pack 2 for XP Pro, and I have McAfee Anti-virus. But the problem still exists even when I have both firewalls disabled. I go so far as to disable the Windows Firewall )which I usually just keep disabled) and I completely disable the McAfee anti-virus altogether, and still nothing.

#5 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:04 AM

What version of Java do you have. Latest version is 6

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:08 AM

There are a few things here, that you can check out:
Error Loading Some Websites
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Maud Media

Maud Media
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:36 PM

I have J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10. But I literally JUST downloaded it two days ago from java.com/getjava
Has 6.0 come out since then?

#8 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:57 PM

I have J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10. But I literally JUST downloaded it two days ago from java.com/getjava
Has 6.0 come out since then?

Suggest you first go over the reading material TG1911 gave you Version 6 came out1 week ago.

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:58 PM

I guess that it depends on the link that you use. I just downloaded the plugin for my system this morning and it gave me Update 10 (but it works for me, so I'll leave it alone)
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users