Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

It's 'hello!' From Me....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:34 PM

I'm invited to make my first post an 'introduction', so here goes.

I live near Bath, England, in a country cottage with a major road running close alongside. Not having had the benefit of being taught any IT, I've found out what little I know by 'promiscuous reading and exploring', according to the education wonks. And it is 'little'.

Apart from the typing of letters and email correspondence, most of my use of PeeCees relates to text and image manipulation, GIS and photogrammetry, weather forecasting i.r.o. racing strategies for sailing offshore, and some 'mickey-mouse' CAD related to boat design.

Due to budgetry constraints - and an enthusiasm for letting others do my R&D - I've been working with a 1GHz PIII for some time, running a pair of 17" TFT monitors. It earns its keep Googling at Planet Earth, running GRIB weather forecasting software, and helping me with presentation software for my college teaching!

I'm just changing that box, and I'll be looking to expand my horizons with a more modern set of kit-bits ( more of that elsewhere ). I'll be looking to add bits to this new gear - such as a fairly good GPU - and explore some of the usues of the MCE2005 OS that's coming my way. Allegedly.

OK so far?

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:55 AM

Posted Image Welcome bilbobaggins

#3 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:16 AM

Hi bilbobaggins,
:thumbsup: to BC!! :flowers:

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:11 AM

Welcome to BC!
Don't hesitate to ask questions, especially about hardware; many of our members have built their own computers and are very helpful with questions about what to buy and how to install it.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users