Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pest Patrol - Itmrtsvc.exe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 skmarie

skmarie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:09 PM

I had a failed attempt to install Pest Patrol, but still have a running process ITMRTSVC.exe related to that attempt.
I now use Windows Defender and Ad-aware, and would like to delete any remnants of Pest Patrol. I would appreciate your help in advising me on how to do that. There is nothing related to Pest Patrol in Add/Remove Programs, but Windows Defender shows it as a currently running program.
Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:00 PM

Download, install and run Spybot. Then select Tools, Uninstall info and see if Pest Patrol is shown in the list of installed programs. If so delete it. If not at least you now have Spybot, which is a great anti-spyware program.

If that doesn't work download and install AutoRuns. You should be able to prevent ITMRTSVC.exe from running at startup with this tool.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,719 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:06 PM

A situation like this is where System Restore comes in handy. Choose a date and time just before you tried to install Pest Patrol. This should solve the problem. Note: Any updates to programs and any programs you installed since that date and time will have to be redone.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 skmarie

skmarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:43 PM

I installed AutoRuns and was able to remove it.

Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users