Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Secret Codes Unlock Ads In Video Games

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:49 AM

Secret codes unlock ads in video games

RACHEL KONRAD
Associated Press
Sat, Jan. 06, 2007

"...Welcome to the new world of video gaming, where software companies are becoming more imaginative in wringing money from gamers...

...gaming executives say the newer, unusual pitches are more effective: They can be funny and tap into many gamers' desire to explore the darkest nooks and crannies of a game and discover tricks they can boast to friends.

...In many games, players who enter the top-secret "cheat code" could..."

Complete article here
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:44 PM

Yea, that stuff is pretty annoying.

Soon we'll be getting games with nothing in them and then we'll be having to pay for everything that should have been included. I'm not too keen that we'd be charged for all of these little things when they should be included.

For example, I wonder what would have happened with Sony and the company who develops the GT series and if they actually went through with the idea that they had. Before the GT:HD demo was made free, they were saying that they had the idea of releasing the game with hardly anything to it, and consumers would then have to go online and buy all the cars and tracks that they wanted. Now I guess that concept is okay only if the game itself was either free or hardly costs any money and there was enough content to make spending the same amount of money on a brand new game to make it worthwile.

Then again, I guess the most obvious thing to do would be just not to buy them. Though I'd rather not see things get even more absurd than they already can be. Things like the Oblivion Horse Armor and others should not be tolerated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users