Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High Ping In Online Games

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AP49

AP49

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:11 AM

Hello, the problem I have is a pretty simple one of erratic and usually high ping rates in the online games I play (Battlefield2 and Countrstrike source).
I'm never using any other applications that might have an effect on my internet speed while playing these games and tend to close down everything that isn't essential anyway. Even still, the ping can stay very high for seemingly no reason and alot of the time just goes up and down throughout the whole playtime.
I've checked my internet speed when it's doing this and the speed shows up as normal and very fast.
The servers I'm using are all based in the same country and there's no problem with regard to visual settings as
I have a good computer and get high framerates.

Any help with this would be much appreciated it makes playing the games very difficult.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:02 AM

Have you tried another modem? Have you tried a line or speed test? Go here to run some tests but you have to reg first http://www.dslreports.com/tools
Also steam (CSS) does not close anything down while it is running.
http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/st...nduser/home.php

Edited by Monty007, 07 January 2007 - 12:04 AM.

MCP
MSDST

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:08 AM

There could also be an issue between your computer and the ISP or the ISP to the game servers or a combination of both. I know some ISP's utilize filters that could be disrupting the connection. Also, some broadband modems are coming with a firewall and filtering software turned on by default. This can create problems especially if you use a router or internet security software on your computer.

3939.png

#4 semilio

semilio

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:21 PM

I am having the same problem in CSS being kicked because ping is to high

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users