Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AIM public chat help.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dex9001

Dex9001

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 30 December 2004 - 08:45 PM

Sometimes when I have a chat with my friends someone comes and brings bots in my chat. They spam dice rolls so I cant ingnore them. I own the chat and i can just ban/eject them but when I do it to a point my aol dosnt ban anymore. Is there a way that I can just be free from bots?(Dont think that I am a loser that has aol...I have verizon DSL(3000kbps) and a friend got it by a friend and he dosnt need it and gave me his password and I use that.)

Edited by scarlett, 31 December 2004 - 11:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Dex9001

Dex9001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2004 - 04:17 PM

I cant say retard? Thats strange. :thumbsup:

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2004 - 04:30 PM

Looks like you are not the only one who is having problems:

http://www.petitiononline.com/botfree/petition.html

If you ban too often, AIM does not allow you to ban again?

#4 Dex9001

Dex9001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2004 - 07:00 PM

On AOL when I ban too fast like 3 at the same time my aol dosnt let me ban again and I am screwed and cant ban anymore bots. And then i have to leave and start AOL again so i can own another chat and it is annoying that i have to do it every day. And when I say bots its like this:There are 6 people and we are having a good chat and out of nowhere a ton of bots come on and there is like as much to fill the chat to 36 and they spam dice rolls so i cant ingnore it and noone can come in because the chat is full and when someone leaves another bot takes its place. andthenweallleaveandwearetotallyscrewedtodayuntillimakeanotherchattomorrow

Edited by Dex9001, 31 December 2004 - 07:05 PM.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2004 - 07:59 PM

Check this out:

http://dancer.sourceforge.net/doc/dancerdoc.html

You may need another bot to protect yourself from them

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:00 PM

Private the people and have them move to a common IM, and set them up as friends. You avoid the white noise of chatter and the over-zealous copbot.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users