Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 1327 Problem With Install

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 roadbum

roadbum

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:49 PM

I've got a "little" problem that even the techs at Microsoft can't figure out, here it is: A few days ago I tried instaling a ZBOARD Merc gaming keyboard on my computer. Instead of installing, I kept getting the message "Error 1327. Invalid Drive: E:\ I ended up having to send the keyboard back as my computer doesn't have any "Drive E" Couldn't get any response from the company, but someone thought it was a problem with the keyboard being hard coded to "E" or something. Anyway, the other day I tried installing Windows Defender, and got the same message, something was up! I contacted Tech support at Microsoft but all they could come up with was a problem with the regestry, and told me to check it for anything showing a drive letter other than "C" (my main drive). I checked it out......nothing! I even checked all the other applications and installations etc. but all show drive "C" It doesen't seem to affect computer operation, I'm just afraid it will "pull" this on some other install. Anybody have any ideas on this? My OS is Windows XP. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:22 AM

I did a quick google search on this error and came up with this

While I am not 100% this will fix your problems, Never hurts to check out all available options

Ensure that you do not edit anything that is not specified or that you are unsure about

My guess is that if this isn't happening on anything else it was in fact hte software relating to your Zboard,

I have looked a few myself namely for battlefield 2 2142 and one other that I can't remember, However I have never actually purchased one, So I don't have hte experience,

Id attempt a different installation of any kind if you can, and if you already haven't , To prove as to whether its just that CD, or not, cause if its just that CD as I siad, Its probably related to the software in the CD you were given with the Zboard, however if it happens with another, Then, this'll be interesting..

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:40 AM

Try this: Use System restore picking a date and time just before you tried to install that keyboard.

Let us know if that works.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 roadbum

roadbum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:04 AM

As I sent the keyboard back, I can't try it again (system restore) However, I have a set-up called Registry Mechanic installed on my computer, and when the Microsoft tech started suggesting a problem in the registry, my first thought was "I ran Registry Mechanic shortly before installing the keyboard, and it did something to the registry" Since it always creates a restore point, I "restored" things back to an eariler point, still no luck. As I said before, I've checked the registry data, and can''t find anything out of the ordinary. I still think the keyboard was hard-coded for drive "E" but I'm still puzzled why Windows Defender woulld be also, OH WELL! Thanks for all the help anyway.

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:24 PM

Okay, from this last response you already did the system restore I suggested - which by the way didn't require the keyboard in question.

I do know that Windows Defender is not hardwired to drive E as I did install it on my computer. I took it off again as I kept having other problems with it.

Here's something that I think is worth trying. You may need your Windows XP installation disk for this. Note: this is not the same as a recovery disk.

Start --> Run. Type in sfc /scannow Make sure there is a space between the c and the / . This will check your system files for errors and repair or replace corrupted files.

Another question pops into mind: Did you use a USB hub to plug that keyboard in? If so, this might be the source of the problem. I'm not at home right now, so I cannot give you the path to check on your USB ports.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:47 PM

Are you running a virtual drive? Alcohol 120%?
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#7 roadbum

roadbum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:43 AM

Okay, from this last response you already did the system restore I suggested - which by the way didn't require the keyboard in question.

I do know that Windows Defender is not hardwired to drive E as I did install it on my computer. I took it off again as I kept having other problems with it.

Here's something that I think is worth trying. You may need your Windows XP installation disk for this. Note: this is not the same as a recovery disk.

Start --> Run. Type in sfc /scannow Make sure there is a space between the c and the / . This will check your system files for errors and repair or replace corrupted files.

Another question pops into mind: Did you use a USB hub to plug that keyboard in? If so, this might be the source of the problem. I'm not at home right now, so I cannot give you the path to check on your USB ports.

Yes, I tried this, didn't seem to have any effect, I still get that "Error 1327" message when I try to re-install Windows Defender. Yes again to the question about the USB port, The keyboard came with a standard USB plug with a keyboard plug-in adapter, I tried both but no dice. At this point, I'm only worried that I might get this error message again if I try to install something else down the road.

#8 roadbum

roadbum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:51 PM

Well, for what it's worth, I finally solved this problem. After getting nowwhere with the Microsoft tech people I put things off for awhile. Couple days ago I took another shot at it, went to the Ideazone tech people (ZBoard company) the guy helping me couldn't figure it out either. To refresh, the drivers for the Merc keyboard (gaming part) wouldn't load, kept getting message; "Error 1327 Invalid Drive E. The guy at Ideazone told me to download the updated drivers to the desktop, that wasn't working at all. I thought about it some and realized that my computer had my thumb drive listed as "Drive E" removable storage device, I moved the driver file back onto the thumb drive, and tried to download from there, BINGO! worked like a charm, I don't know why I didn't see this eariler, but there it was, everything works like it should now, whooda thunk! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users