Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beeping, Overheating?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jim10011

jim10011

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:13 PM

Hi, When my pc is under a load it starts a steady, consistent beeping. Here are my stats when idle:
Field Value
Sensor Properties
Sensor Type Winbond W83697HF (ISA 290h)

Temperatures
Motherboard 28 C (82 F)
CPU 53 C (127 F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 2637 RPM
Chassis 3375 RPM

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.66 V
+3.3 V 3.28 V
+5 V 5.03 V
+12 V 11.73 V
-12 V -11.95 V
-5 V -4.85 V
+5 V Standby 4.95 V
VBAT Battery 3.62 V
Debug Info F 40 32 FF
Debug Info T 28 53 255
Debug Info V 68 00 CD BB C1 24 39 (01)

And these are under a load:
Field Value
Sensor Properties
Sensor Type Winbond W83697HF (ISA 290h)

Temperatures
Motherboard 28 C (82 F)
CPU 59 C (138 F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 2637 RPM
Chassis 3375 RPM

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.65 V
+3.3 V 3.26 V
+5 V 5.03 V
+12 V 11.67 V
-12 V -12.03 V
-5 V -4.90 V
+5 V Standby 4.95 V
VBAT Battery 3.62 V
Debug Info F 40 32 FF
Debug Info T 28 59 255
Debug Info V 67 00 CC BB C0 23 38 (01)

It doesn't seem to get any hotter then this. Any ideas? :thumbsup:

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 05 January 2007 - 11:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Johanna

Johanna

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:45 PM

Hello, jim10011, and welcome to BleepingComputer!

Download and install motherboard monitor during diagnostics.
http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

Your temps are fluctuating too much. Please tell us what kind of computer you have and about how old it it. Pop the case and clean out any accumulated crud on the fans and mobo. I like compressed air, but be sure to stick a pencil in the fans to keep them still while you squirt. I also use q-tips with alcohol for grimy parts, but be very careful.

Now, as for the beeping- your computer is telling you something in error codes. "Power supply or system board problem", and this may be caused from heat.
http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml

I hope a moderator moves this to the hardware forum so that you can start nailing the problem(s) down. The hardware experts will have better suggestions and diagnostics than I can provide. I'll be following your progress, and wish you good luck.
Johanna
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher an animal, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

#3 jim10011

jim10011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:52 AM

Hi, I installed the motherboard monitor and my cpu temp was 250f! i restarted it and it did the same thing. tried restarting again and the second time the beeping stopped and the temp was down to 125f. grrr. ;)

Edited by jim10011, 06 January 2007 - 12:55 AM.

#4 Archer-of-Death

Archer-of-Death

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:56 AM

My friend is having a problem sort of like this.
Just, it's not really that hot. The cap is set to beep at 70c
Does anyone know how to put this cap up to 90?

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:09 AM

Hi jim10011,
Open the case and have a good,close listen to the CPU, case and power supply fans.
You may be able to hear the bearings going in the fan that is causing you the problem.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#6 jim10011

jim10011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:14 PM

This is strange. I start the computer. runs fine no beeping. i open everest to check my temeratures and it says a cool 128f for my cpu. but EVERY time i open mbm 5, the beeping immediately starts and the cpu temperature jumps to 255f. i shut mbm5 down and the temp remains the same. is this program a bad one? but regardless of whether or not i open the mbm5 program, anytime i put my pc under a load it beeps non-stop. when looking inside the side case of the tower, in the upper left there is a fan that exhausts out the back panel. it seems to be blowing consistently, but possibly not as hard as the other one below it. i was thinking of taking it apart and looking at it, but i'm thinking it might be too complicated, as there is a warning label on it to not attempt to service it unless you are qualified. think this is something i can tackle myself? im not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but am fairly mechanically inclined. (i think). :thumbsup:

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:52 AM

If you set it to 90 - you'll be sure to burn the CPU up shortly after it passes the 70 mark - most processors won't handle that much heat without failing. Those that will will have their lifetime shortened significantly due to the extra stress caused by the heat.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users