Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Lid Delay! Very Worried.. Need Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mature Lamb

Mature Lamb

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:34 PM

Hey guys,

Since yesterday, everytime I lift up my laptop lid, nothing appears on the screen for a few seconds. I closed it again and opened it, and yet there was still a delay. The only thing I remember that happened that day was that I deleted 1GB of music/videos/pictures. I'm not sure how that would effect my laptop lid though. I do use my laptop for hours, and turn it off after 4-5 hours because it does seem to heat up quickly.

Any ideas on what might have happened?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

Could be anything..might be hardware related, something overheating, or something not coming on right or whatever

could even be software related, such as programs that have slowed your computer performance or whatever

As with some other posts Ill advice you to run Memtest just to test ofr anything wrong in your ram, If that comes back fine, Id then go ahead and run an antivirus and a spyware program on your computer, If you don't have one or the other, Let me know and Ill give you the names of a couple good ones,

Another thing ID do is do a diskcleanup Via start-->all programs--> accessories --> system tools --> disk clenaup

that'll clear up anything unusual in your drive sucha s cookies, and all the temp internet files

once that is done, I might also go as far as running a disk defragment... but before doing that, post back to say if any of hte above have helped

This might help increase speed on your computer, but again, I doubt it'll solve your issue, As your issue could very well be a problem with your monitor maybe, OR something to do with the connection :thumbsup:

#3 Mature Lamb

Mature Lamb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:00 PM

Before I posted here, I already did a defrag, disk cleanup, Ccleaner, Spyware & Adware scan, Virus scan. I have a feeling that Ccleaner may have to do with this problem aswell, since that was the same day I tried it out.
Posted Image

#4 Mature Lamb

Mature Lamb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:25 PM

I just used the registry backup from the time I ran Ccleaner that day. There's still a delay and I need help still. =[
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users