Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thecoffeepirate

thecoffeepirate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:21 PM

I wasn't sure where to put this but since it is a network problem I'm putting it here.

I am trying to use my Xbox 360 on my wireless network. After a few problems last week, I successfully got it working. Now i have the problem again. When I go to test my connection, the process fails on "Receiving IP Address". I went to my router and saw that the MAC address of my Xbox 360 was there, but the IP Address was blank, along with the device name. I have 2 computers hooked up to my network, one wired and one wireless, and occasionally another laptop connected. I know that my problem is not with my Xbox 360, because I have connected before. I also know that signal strength is not the problem, because the computer next to the Xbox has a stable connection. I had to upgrade my firmware to fix the problem the first time, so that is not the problem. I am using a Netgear WGT624v3 wireless router and the official wireless adapter for the Xbox 360. Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stu G

Stu G

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:12 PM

Hi

I recently hooked up my Xbox 360 to xbox live and now i am trying to figure out how to use Windows Media Connect with my XP Pro PC, to share music etc..

Have you tried to set up your connection manually on xbox 360? I am not familiar with the setup of wireless on xbox 360, as i use direct lan cable.

If not try it, It on the System Screen--->Network Setting--->Edit Settings--->Basic Settings

Change the IP Setting to Manual ( I done this for original xbox as connected via my wireless laptop to box live)

Give it an IP that wont be busy ie 192.168.0.4

The other settings suchs as Subnet Mask ,Gateway(Router Ip) should be available from the properties of a connection from a PC in :

XP :-

Network Connections---->Right Click Connection---> Status--->Support---->Details.

Hope this helps.

Stu
Stu G
Ada95,Java,C ANSI,C++,C♯,ASP.NET,JavaFX!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users