Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Monitor Thing?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:24 PM

Hi, I regularly visit a game-playing forum where people post screenshots from their games, and about half of all the pics are almost too dark to see, whereas the rest are perfect.
I told them - "hey guys your pics are too dark", but to my surprise other members of the forum said "no they're not, they're fine, what are you talking about?".
Yet other members agreed with me and said "Hey he's right, some are too dark".
It seems some pics look okay on some monitors, yet the same pics appear too dark on other monitors!
Any idea where the problem lies, is it a monitor or software thing or what, and is there a remedy?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:03 AM

Hi MickinPlymouthUK.
There is no universal remedy. The difference mainly lies in the individuals monitor type and resolution settings, though there are a couple other factors as well. What may look good on a CRT may look like crap on an LCD, etc. All you can really do is make sure your monitor is properly calibrated for your model and live with it. Most people don't even bother with that. :thumbsup:

#3 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:00 AM

Okay thanks, I guess computing is still in the stone age to some degree!
Only way round it is to save the dark screen pic into a Paint-type prog and lighten it up in there in order to see it, I can live with the minor hassle of doing that..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users