Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Concept Racer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 reg

reg

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:13 PM

Hi can anyone help I have a Cocept Racer steering wheel & pedals. I have used it on a previous computer with XP. I have a new computer a Compaq SR1629 1gb Ram 250 Gb hard drive all the latest updates installed. When I try to ad this game device in add & remove it says my Gameport or Gameport drivers are not properly configured Please consult the device manager. I do not know what to do from here hope you can help as my son is driving me mad as he cant drive his new game :thumbsup:
Yours sincerely Reg :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:32 AM

I just read a simliar problem by someone on a random tech help page, where they suggested that you go into your device manager, Via Control panel --> system --> hardware and see if you can find your controller in there, and if you can uninstall it and restartw indows to allow it to properly configure itself, However Im not exactly 100% sure on if this will fix your probelm

the general consensus on this problem seems to be that you need to find out your sound card manufacturer and install the sound card drivers again, and it should fix the problem, This is where I would start from, if that doesn't fix your problem then you're probably going to have to mess with the device manager, And if you need a run through lemme know

#3 reg

reg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:25 PM

Hi thanks for your reply have tried to uninstall then reinstall but it just says my gameport or gameport drivers are not properly configured
Regards Reg

#4 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:09 PM

Have you tried to update your sound drivers as well? or was it only the hardware ?

#5 reg

reg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:21 PM

Hi yes have updated everything i can

#6 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:24 PM

If your sound card is fully updated, Everything is done right, You've tired adding/removing the hardware etc, I may go ahead and say this might just be a compatability issue, Or something on your new computer is having an issue with this device

Since that is about all I can think of ...

Is there a support # you can call on the device itself? If so I would suggest you do so and see what they on their end think, Or try to search one up..., Or maybe find their support e-mail on their site, Since I am not aware of this product really

edit: I have attempted to find their website but it appears that it was unregistered forw hatever reason... Not too sure on this one

I did however find an e-mail: intact@interact-acc.com

While Ia m not sure if this e-mail will work, if you cannot find any information on how to contact them I might try it, Never know

#7 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:36 PM

You can also try using any drivers that came with it originally to install it. If you don't have a disc, you can check the website for drivers too.

Have you tried to actually play a game with it?

Of course, this might be as simple as something like assigning the buttons an action. Sometimes you have to tell the paddle what button does what, which you can configure from within the game itself. You'll have to tell it that button A is gas, and button B is brake and C will be the "OFF" button for the nagging back seat driver. Now, I said might, so this may or may not be the case.

Hope this helps!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users