Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hd Boot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shinji1146

shinji1146

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:37 PM

Sometimes when i start my computer, instead of the usual windows loading screen, it goes to a blue windows screen that does something with my hard drive. I managed to get this text from the computer when this happens:

Checking file system on E:
The type of the file system is FAT.

The volume is dirty.
Volume Serial Number is 3B69-1AFD
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems.

1023541248 bytes total disk space.
4718592 bytes in 44 hidden files.
131072 bytes in 8 folders.
20824064 bytes in 26 files.
997867520 bytes available on disk.

16384 bytes in each allocation unit.
62472 total allocation units on disk.
60905 allocation units available on disk.

Then my computer works super fast, but is there a way to do this myself insrtead of automatically?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

Right click on the drive in My Computer and click Properties then the Tools tab. Click the Check Now button for Error Checking. Check the box for Automatically fix file system errors and click the Start button. A warning will pop up stating that the Disk Check cannot be run unless the computer is restarted. Click Yes then reboot the computer.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

Are you by chance booting with a flash drive plugged into your system?

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#4 shinji1146

shinji1146
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:26 PM

yes, but i just used that as an example becuase they were the same execpt the example was much smaller.
Thank you TheTerrorist_75!

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:12 AM

If the screen comes up on every boot, your disk has not fixed the marking of the volume as dirty. AFAIK the only way to fix this is to run chkdsk /f /r from the Run dialog. Here's a link that may help also:
http://www.buildorbuy.net/dirtybit.html
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users