Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webpages Are Missing Buttons And Colors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tinaandbus66

tinaandbus66

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:23 PM

I have a Gateway computer running Windows XP with IE 7.0 browser. (Problem existed with IE 6.0, also). My kids would occasionally tell me that my webpages were missing "stuff" or looked different from theirs. I did not really miss anything until I tried the new Yahoo! Mail Beta. It looks and works great on their computers - a Gateway laptop and a home-built computer - both running through a wireless router and same IE 7.0 browser. On my computer, I cannot drag and drop, when I click on an item, it is not highlighted, there are no reply or forwarded arrows next to the messages which I have replied to or forwarded and at the top of the page, my options of "send", "reply", "forward", "delete", etc., are just plain black text on a white background. On the other computers in the house, these options are enclosed in tabs with tan shading. There are probably other differences also but these are the ones I really notice. I have contacted Yahoo through e-mail. They seem to think, and rightly so, that the problem is somewhere in my computer. Either something is installed or not installed or some box is checked and should not be or is not checked and should be. I have sent them a screenshot. I have done all the things they suggested: made sure I had the latest version of Java and enabled it. I temporarily turned off my Windows firewall. I did not disable my McAfee antivirus program. I put the internet security down to medium - from medium high. I didn't change my browser and it is not my ISP as the other computers run fine with the same ISP and IE 7.0. I did contact Gateway some time ago and was told to go to MSN.com. There are five? boxes there. Mine show no color. I guess they are supposed to be colored blue, orange, green, etc. Talked again to Gateway today - useless. He had me install the red Driver CD but that didn't work. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:03 AM

Welcome to BC

What kind of antivuryus-/firewall software are you using ?

First try this :
* Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:

* Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer
* Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tab
* Under Browsing History, click "Delete".
* Click "Delete Files", "Delete cookies" and "Delete history"
* Click Close below.

* Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):

* Go to Tools > Options.
* Click Privacy in the menu..
* Click the Clear now button below.. A new window will popup what to clear.
* Select all and click the Clear button again.
* Click OK to close the Options window

* Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin

* Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok.
* Let it scan your system for files to remove.
* Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.
* Press OK to remove them.

Edited by fozzie, 07 January 2007 - 06:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users