Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pinochet And Saddam

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:10 AM

As you know Augusto Pinochet's regime has been accused of systematic and widespread human rights violations both in Chile and abroad, including mass-murder, torture, kidnapping, illegal detention, and press censorship. He was a ruthless assassin of his own people and allways scaped facing a trial. Although this, he had a military funeral, in Chile, as former Commander-in-Chief of the Army.
Saddam was also a ruthless assassin, but he had a distinct end. He was, also, a former Commander-in-Chief of the Army but he was hanged with no dignity and with an unexpected hurry. Why?
I would like to know your opinions.
Regards,
Darthy
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:43 AM

Darthy, are you asking "where's the justice?" In other words, both men were tyrants...why would one get an honor-guard ceremony and the other a noose?

I mean, we know why each came to his respective end. Are you asking why we were so keen on taking down Saddam's tyranny while we seem to be so oblivious to tyranny elsewhere in the world? Or are you asking this in an overall hypothetical, "where's the justice in the world" sort of way?
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:29 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb, probably spark some sort of backlash, and say that the only reason Saddam met his end the way he did was because the US was/is involved. The way it seems, the US doesn't care about chile, so we don't feel like we have to police them or cover any of their events in our news.

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:51 PM

Footage of Saddam went as far as seeing him being noosed, as far as I saw.

Has anyone seen the actual hanging?..... through video or otherwise?

They showed as much as the noose going around his neck, but the actual hanging will confirm it. I can find out for sure today if he was actually hung and put on video, but I just asked to see if any of you really think he was really hung.

The occupiers provided Saddam's military leaders with a safe haven, so why wouldn't they do it for him?

If Saddam was actually hung, I have sources on the Internet to find out for sure if it's true or not. But, until I actually see the hanging myself, Saddam isn't dead.

If any of you've seen all the versions of the videos called The Faces of Death (or even one of them) ...... then you'll know that looking death in it's eyes is no surprise.

Personally,,,,,,, I don't believe Saddam is dead. People like that have too much influence that is usable to help the perpetrators with their ajenda.

DON'T mis-interpret this post at all. I never said Saddam is dead, nor alive, I said I don't believe he's dead.

Although off subject,,,,, Elvis Presley was an F.B.I. informant (incase you didn't know it). and I don't think he died either doing drugs and such. There is a way, ... and I know it for a FACT, that you can become invisible, while living in the public.

If you can find it....... look for "How To Become Invisible". It'll blow you away. It's very easy to simply disappear from the world, and yet, be amongst the people at the same time.

The media is so deceptive, and we accept it too, because that's what we want to hear and see...........and it's PURE DECEPTION

We, as human beings, have become too scared to know the truth. We rather not know it, because we feel we're in jeopardy because we seek the truth.

We, as human beings are too scared to seek the truth. We're so content in what we're already doing,...... no matter what else happens, we don't want any part of it, because it may cost me my loved ones......... and worst yet?......... my own life. We're just too scared to stand up. And we all need to face it. And if we weren't too scared, I can.... right now....... think of many things that we all.... allow to happen to us. Because we're too scared to face....................... and let alone, talk about.

For the topic at hand, this is one man's opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users