Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frontpage 2000 Version 4.0.2.2717

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bamamcall

Bamamcall

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:19 AM

Somebody gave me MS office 2000 and I have been trying to build a web page. When I hit preview to view it on the net it just shows the HTML. Is there kind of setting I missed?

Or is there a better webpage builder out there for free or cheap? Maybe this version is to old.

I just need to use something I can look at the page as I build it. I can't wrap my head around just looking at the HTML and seeing the finished page in my minds eye YET.

Thanks for the help. You don't know how much site helps.

Mod Edit: Moved to more appropriate forum.

Edited by D-Trojanator, 05 January 2007 - 02:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:53 AM

Hi Bamamcall.
There are two preview options in FP2000. Use the "Preview in Browser" option from the file menu.
FP works hand-in-hand with IE, which should be set as your default browser whille building your page locally.

#3 Bamamcall

Bamamcall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:09 PM

Thats what I did. It just show up as HTML, no graphics or wording. It just looks the same as in FP.

#4 Bamamcall

Bamamcall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

I have given up on Frontpage 2000. It will not let me preview in a web browser. Is there a free or cheap web page builder I can use to make one? I want to program it and click a button to see my progress in a browser.

#5 mykz78

mykz78

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:55 AM

hey, although this one is not free, i'd recommend using Macromedia Dreamweaver.

It's way much more powerful than Frontpage. This makes web design and development easier and faster.

On top of that, you can partner it with Adobe Photoshop and Macromedia Fireworks, haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users