Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

POPWW saveGame´s folder

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jesus San

Jesus San

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 30 December 2004 - 06:48 PM

Savegame files are located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\POPWWPROFILES\{profile name}\profile.dat.

Is there anyway to change it to another like D:\POPWWPROFILES\{profile name}\profile.dat.??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2004 - 08:01 PM

You could copy the contents to another folder of your own creation. Bear in mind that the game is going to expect to find the saved games in the folder they are now in, so renaming THAT folder, or moving the contents completely, may destroy the game's ability to retrieve them.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Jesus San

Jesus San
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:54 PM

ok. Thats right. But then I have to back up the savegames to the folder of my own creation all the times. Another idea?

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:02 PM

I don't know the purpose of creating this file you want---if I knew why you wanted to do this, I would be better able to come up with a solution. Unless it is on-line, many games are subject to some user edits. If this game is one of the latter, then the best place to go would be to the user technical forums or FAQs at the mfg's website. However, do not make changes to the game casually and without making a back of copy of the original unedited file.
Cheers,
John

Edited by jgweed, 04 January 2005 - 02:34 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Jesus San

Jesus San
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2005 - 09:27 AM

Well. I am using Deep Freeze and I have partition C frozen. I cannot save data on C(not thawed).
Then I have My Documents, Bookmarks, profiles, etc. in partition D. I cannot redirect Document and settings to D because is a system folder. How to solve this question?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users